What is Peptide Therapy?
Peptide therapy is one of the most exciting new therapies to help treat disease and aging. It is becoming more and more popular because it is generally considered safe with far-reaching regulatory and rejuvenation actions on the body. Peptides have the potential to rewrite bodily chemistry relationships that can bring balance to the body. They are also used in the treatment of injury, chronic disease, and for enhancing peak performance in the body.
What are Peptides?
Let’s get more specific about what peptide therapy is. Peptides are chains of amino acids (proteins) that act as a signaling system in the body to maintain crucial functions, including: hormonal balance, cell signaling, and cell-to-cell communication. These extremely beneficial properties make peptides incredible building blocks for targeted drug design and development. The way your body loses weight, your digestion, your sexual function, and more is controlled by these small proteins. Thus, peptide therapy can boost these functions of the naturally occurring peptides in your body.
Most beneficial to using peptides as therapeutics is that they can be engineered for precision. Over 7,000 naturally occurring peptides have been identified, and many have already been FDA approved.
More benefits of peptides for therapeutic medicine are as follows:
· Low toxicity
· High chemical and biological diversity
· High potency and specificity
· Good efficacy, safety, and tolerability
· Broad range of targets
· Low accumulation in tissues
The most exciting advantage of peptide therapies is that they can be designed to target virtually any cellular process in the body.
What Do Peptides Help Treat?
Peptides can be used to treat a wide range of symptoms and illnesses. The following is just a few of the potential conditions that can benefit from peptides:
- Autoimmune Issues
- Hormone Imbalance
- Gut Issues
- Lyme disease
- Mold-related illness
- Joint injury
- HIV and chronic infections (HBV, HCV, CMV, etc.)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Neurodegenerative conditions (Parkinson’s, MS, etc.)
- Erectile dysfunction, low libido
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
- Weight Gain
- and…SO much more.
What Types of Peptide Therapy are Available?
Tringali Vibrant Health offers the following Peptide Therapies:
Below is a quick summary of some of the most popular peptides we prescribe at Tringali Vibrant Health:
AOD-9604 THE FAT-BURNING PEPTIDE
Anti-Obesity Drug-9604 (AOD-9604) is a synthetic analog of the human growth hormone. It is among the rare peptides that have won the FDA approval as a food supplement in the United States.
Recent clinical research studies have shown that AOD-9604 did show a reduction of body fat in the mid-abdominal area in both obese, over-weight, and average built people.
- AOD-9604 Peptide therapy has been shown to:
- Reduce Body Fat
- Trigger fat release from obese fat cells predominantly more than lean ones
- Mimics the way natural growth hormone regulates fat metabolism
- Have no adverse effects on blood sugar or growth
- Stimulate lipolysis
- Inhibits lipogenesis that’s the transformation of non-fatty foods into body fat
- Have very favorable cartilage repair and regenerative properties, especially when paired with peptide BPC 157
BPC-157 THE HEAL LIKE WOLVERINE PEPTIDE
Body Protective Compound 157 (BPC-157) is a peptide that has been recently studied to produce systemic effects on both the brain and the gut, and repair those systems. It also has protective effects extending beyond the stomach and intestinal tract. It has been shown to benefit: ulcers in the stomach, intestinal damage such as fistulas and inflammatory disorders, bone and joint healing and growth rates, and organ damage. It also has influences on the brain. BPC-157 is a peptide chain consisting of 15 amino acids. BPC-157 is considered synthetic because this particular sequence does not exist in nature. It is derived from a protective protein found in the stomach. It can be administered orally, subcutaneously, intramuscularly, or intranasally.
• Has significant anti-inflammatory modulating effects
• Promotes tissue healing through signaling pathways
• Provides specific response toparticular injury thru cell signaling
• Promotes muscle & tendon healing, increases angiogenesis, decreases inflammatory response.
• Produces more type 1 collagen.
• Excellent potential for diabetic wound healing.
• Also repairs intestine, bone, teeth, brain tissue and the cornea.
• Works to correct acute & chronic body conditions.
• Systemic in action but can also be administered by injection directly to site of injury.
• BPC 157 can counteract steroid effects to achieve normal healing of muscle tissue.
• Improves nerve regeneration
• Induces release of serotonin in nigrostriatal area of brain
• Counteracts side effects of Parkinsons agents
Cerebrolysin REACTIVATE YOUR BRAIN
Cerebrolysin is a type of peptide therapy used for the treatment of Alzheimer’s Disease and other types of cognitive decline. It is a neurotrophic agent, which means that it supports the growth, survival and differentiation of neurons (the main component of nervous tissue) in the brain. Cerebrolysin improves efficiency within the brain’s metabolic processes and improves intracellular peptide synthesis. It is also neuroprotective in that it shields neurons from lactocidosis, to prevent formation of free radicals and to decrease neurotoxic action of certain amino acids.
Cerebrolysin Peptide therapy can improve:
- Protecting brain cells and preventing their death due to harmful conditions
- Promotes the growth of new brain cells
- Enhances learning capacity
- Increases brain energy
- Lowers inflammation in the brain
- Helps ability to focus
- Helps with memory retention
Book a Consult: 561-283-1166
Thymosins BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
The thymus gland is located between your lungs. Although it is only active until puberty, it plays a crucial role in the development of your immune system. It is responsible for producing and secreting a hormone called thymosin, which stimulates the development of white blood cells called T-lymphocytes or T cells. For their roles in regulating the immune system, thymosins (also known as thymic peptides) are referred to as immune-modulatory peptides.
There are two thymic peptides commonly used in peptide therapy: Thymosin alpha 1 (Tɑ1) and thymosin beta 4 (Tβ4). Both of these peptides have been shown to have important clinical applications, such as in modulating immune responses, neuroplasticity, blood vessel formation, etc.
Let’s take a closer look at Tɑ1 and Tβ4.
Thymosin Alpha 1 (Tɑ1)
Thymosin Alpha-1 (Ta1) is a 28-amino acid peptide.that is a powerful modulator of immunity and inflammation.It is a biological response modifier that is used for treating several diseases, by activatiating various cells of the immune system. Ta1 is therefore expected to have clinical benefits in disorders where immune responses are impaired or ineffective, such as:
- acute and chronic infections
- vaccine non-responsiveness
- hepatocellular carcinoma
- Di George’s syndrome
- Any viral disease
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Lyme Disease
Thymosin Beta-4 (Tβ4)
Its primary function is to stimulate the production of T cells, which are an important part of the immune system.Thymosin also assists in the development of B cells to plasma cells to produce antibodies. The predominant form of thymosin, thymosin b4, is a member of a highly conserved family of actin monomer-sequestering proteins. Thymosin b4 is a 43 amino acid peptide which is regarded as the main intracellular G-actin sequestering peptide.
- Regulates the cytoskeleton protein Actin
- Potent anti-inflammatory
- Reactivates progenitor cells to repair damaged tissue
- Improves T cell function
Elizabeth Tringali, PA-C’s Own Telomere Report!
Even Elizabeth Tringali, PA-C herself uses Epitalon peptide therapy. Elizabeth’s telomere length is in the 99th percentile of her age group!
Epitalon THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH PEPTIDE
Epitalon is considered the “fountain of youth” peptide. It is a tetra-peptide, which means that it is composed of four amino acid chains. The peptide is used to regulate the cell cycle during telomerase activity. Telomerase, also called telomere terminal transferase, is an enzyme made of protein and RNA subunits that elongates chromosomes. When telomerase activity is not present (when we age), our cells age. Our telomeres get shorter and begin to die off. If telomerase is activated in our cells, our telomeres lengthen, the cell continues to grow and divide, delaying the aging process. (UT Southwestern Medical Lab)
Epitalon was discovered by the Russian scientist Professor Vladimir Khavinson. He researched this peptide of over 35 years in both animal and human clinical trials. The results were astounding. For the first time ever, human clinical trials proved beyond doubt that the substance consisted of powerful life extension and anti-aging possibilities.
Epitalon Peptide therapy can:
- Increase human lifespan
- Delay/Prevent age-related diseases
- Boost energy levels
- Promote deeper sleep
- Improve skin health and appearance
- Heal deteriorated/injured muscle cells
Book Today: 561-283-1166
Now that we’ve started this conversation about peptide therapy, it’s time to hear from you. Do you have any experience with therapeutic peptides? What are your thoughts about their future in medicine? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
To begin peptide therapy, Fill out the form below or call Tringali Vibrant Wellness today to book a consultation with Elizabeth Tringali, PA-C: 561-283-1166