Toxic Mold Exposure Symptoms
Most of us down here in Florida are very familiar with mold. While mold is present everywhere, Florida’s high humidity index increases the number of homes impacted by mold, and in turn mold-related illnesses. Most of us are exposed to different types of mold every day. It’s in our showers, spoiled foods, water-damaged buildings and cars. Long story short, mold is everywhere. Most of the mold we encounter throughout our day is harmless, but certain types of mold produce chemicals that are toxic. Toxic mold exposure can cause serious disease, from autoimmune disease to cancer.
Mold and Mycotoxins
Mold is unpleasant to the eye and sometimes to the nose with that recognizable musty odor, but this isn’t always the case. Molds produce chemicals called mycotoxins that can go completely undetected by our senses. Mycotoxins are chemicals that, when ingested or inhaled can have serious effects when ingested by certain individuals. Mycotoxins are highly inflammatory to the immune system, and they rapidly deplete antioxidants in the body like glutathione, and vitamins A, C, and E.
Toxic Mold Exposure Symptoms
So, what are some toxic mold exposure symptoms? This really depends on the person and the type of mold. Some of the early symptoms of mold intoxication include: fatigue, breathing difficulties, dizziness, memory problems, racing heartbeat, acid reflux, and anxiety. These symptoms are very often brushed off as minor symptoms of stress, lack of sleep, or even just normal symptoms of aging.
Symptoms of mycotoxin exposure include:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Hair Loss
- Chronic burning in the throat and nasal passages
- Coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath
- Loss of balance/Vertigo
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Skin issues/rashes
- Eye irritation or tearing of the eyes
- Headache and/or light sensitivity
- Hearing loss
- Heightened sensitivity to chemicals and foods
- Irregular heartbeat
- Morning stiffness and/or joint pain
- Muscle weakness
- Sleep problems
- Poor memory, difficulty finding words
- Slower reaction time
- Vision changes
- Difficulty concentrating
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea, and/or bloating
- Unusual skin sensations, tingling, and numbness
- Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
- Disorientation and/or dizziness
- Static shocks or metallic taste in the mouth
CIRS: Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome
CIRS, or chronic inflammatory response syndrome, is a complex and progressive illness that is triggered by exposure to biotoxins such as mold. It can cause a cascade of inflammation, hormonal changes, and other symptoms in the body, and it is more common than you might think.
With a practice in Florida, I know a thing or two about biotoxin illness. Mold is everywhere. But, Florida is not the only place where mold resides. And, mold is not the only biotoxin that can make you sick. Click here to learn more about CIRS.
Toxic Mold Exposure Testing:
To determine whether or not you have been exposed to toxic mold, Tringali Vibrant Health offers a Toxic Mold Exposure lab test.
If you suspect you have been or are exposed to toxic mold, get tested as soon as you can. Fill out the form below or call Tringali Vibrant Wellness today to book a consultation with Elizabeth Tringali, PA-C: 561-283-1166
Request a Consultation:
Are you ready to achieve optimal, VIBRANT health? Leave your name and number below to request a consult with any of our practitioners. Or, call us at 561-283-1166 today.