Amino Acid Therapy and Your Brain
Amino acid therapy may be used to treat a variety of conditions, including from anxiety, depression, Parkinson’s disease (1), attention deficit disorder, migraines, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, and even addictions. Amino acids are basic building blocks used to make proteins in our body that build tissues and muscle, but they also synthesize neurotransmitters in the brain. What does all of this mean? Let me explain.
What is a Neurotransmitter?
A neurotransmitter is a type of chemical transmitter in the brain that communicates information throughout your brain and body. Neurotransmitters play a major role in shaping everyday life and functions. They regulate, either directly or indirectly, most of the body’s systems and functions. For example, it tells your heart to beat. Their exact numbers are unknown, but more than 200 chemical messengers have been uniquely identified in the human brain.
Additionally, neurotransmitters chemically link the brain and spinal cord with the rest of your body: muscles, organs, and glands. Neurotransmitters affect every cell, tissue, and system in your body. Neurotransmitters are thus functionally integrated with the immune system and the endocrine system (including the adrenal glands). Neurotransmitter imbalances can cause widespread health problems such as:
- Brain fog – loss of mental focus, ADD, ADHD, impaired memory, poor decision making
- Insomnia – difficulty falling asleep, staying asleep, or both
- Pain – migraines, fibromyalgia
- Obesity – metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and diabetes
- Mood disorders – depression, mood swings, irritability
- Anxiety – panic, obsessions, PTSD
- Behavioral disturbances – addictions, binge eating, compulsions impulsivity, gambling, autism; and
- Hormonal imbalances – PMS, estrogen dominance, low testosterone, hypo-thyroidism.
A neurotransmitter imbalance can cause or increase symptoms of depression, anxiety, insomnia, weight gain, hormone imbalances, mood swings, and more.
What is an Amino Acid?
The most abundant neurotransmitters are known as Amino Acids, and there are 20 of them! Amino Acids are necessary to restore a normal state of wellbeing in you, and free you from cravings and anxiety.
Normally we get all the amino acids we need from our diet. But with many conditions our diet is not sufficient in providing the large amount of amino acids necessary for full and balanced neurotransmitter production. This is when amino acid therapy becomes a valuable treatment.
There is a long, well documented, history of using amino acids for depression and other issues related to brain chemistry imbalances. Here are just some of the benefits of Amino Acid Therapy, or as we like to call it at Tringali Vibrant Health: our Neuro Recharge IV:
- Improves Memory
- Eliminates physical cravings
- Helps with addictions to food, alcohol, drugs Helps with anxiety & depression
- Helps with weight loss
- Improved sleep
- Helps to balance hormones
- Calms mood swings
- Eliminates physical cravings
To learn more about our Neuro Recharge IV, request an appointment with me at: 561-283-1166. Or, fill out the form below.
Elizabeth Tringali, PA-C
Request a Consultation
Fill out the form below or call us at: 561-283-1166 to schedule your consult at Tringali Vibrant Health.